
On Sunday my mom and I took the girls to see Ballet Arizona's "Nutcracker". It was amazing. I have seen it a ton of times but the girls have never seen it. Ballet Arizona has redone parts of it and I thought it was great. They had the story start on an animated screen so the girls could understand where the nutcracker came from. The costumes were beautiful. They were more modern but still very elegant and sparkly. Of course it made me want to start ballet all over again :) I was also impressed that the things they were selling were actually reasonably priced. The girls were each able to get a good size nutcracker for only $10. It's nice to see a professional ballet company so kid and family friendly.
The only thing I was wishing was that little screaming babies weren't there :) Not that I don't love babies but taking a screaming 10 month old to a 2 1/2 hour ballet doesn't seem like the smartest idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment