Monday, March 16, 2009

Ostrich festival

On Sunday my aunt and I took all the kids to the annual Ostrich Festival. What a fun day! I wish we had more time and the kids had more energy :) We saw the ostrich, emu, camel races, the pig races, a clown show and took a picture with a sea lion! This was new this year, they had a sea lion show and you could take your picture with a sea lion. It was so cute! To top off the trip everyone got a snow cone, except mom :) The hardest part was deciding what flavor to pick, they had about 30 choices. Although we kept seeing ostrich burgers for sale I couldn't bring myself to even take a bite, especially after petting them and watching them race.
One of these years we will bite the bullet and get the all day ride pass, it's expensive but there are tons of rides and you could easily spend the entire day there!






No comments: