Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lauren's first sleepover....


Okay I know most kids by age 7 have had a sleepover, unless you have an overprotective, psychotic mom like me. So Lauren is finally having a friend (that has been to sleepovers before) spend that night. I am taking babysteps by having a friend that I know well and know that she will be okay therefore taking one step closer to Lauren spending the night at a friends. I also know it's important to not be too far from home in case you get a 10pm phone call :) Lauren has spent the night at familys house but never a friends without me, hopefully we will accomplish that before school starts in 3 weeks so we can add that to the list of summer activities.




I would post 4th of July pictures but we had an incredibly uneventful 4th of July. I am feeling very unpatriotic :( We went to see fireworks but with weird wind conditions they were late so we thought we missed them, jumped in the car in search of them, they started when we were in the car so we stopped. They only lasted 5 minutes so we left and 20 minutes later they started up again. I have decided next year I want to go somewhere where the weather is cooler, we can watch a parade, dress in red, white and blue, sing some american songs and sit and watch the fireworks. Maybe we can just go to flagstaff for a few days :)

1 comment:

Jilene said...

I am with you on the 4th of July. After last year where we were at my Aunt's house and they did the fireworks in the front yard, this year just seemed blah.