Sunday, November 16, 2008

Busy but fun weekend...


We started off Friday night with Girl Scout Astronomy night at Mesa Community College. What a great time! The girls and families went to 4 different stations, the planetarium (for an amazing show), making comets and craters, snack and craft, and looking through the telescopes at the moon and jupiter.


Saturday (early) morning was the Gilbert Days Parade with our Girl Scout Troop. I was so proud of Lauren for walking more than 1/2 the 2 mile parade carrying our troop banner.
.
Saturday afternoon we went to our friends Adoption party for the 4 kids that they adopted. I can't believe it's been a year already since they have had the kids. The girls have a ton of fun playing with the kids so it's a fun time for us all.
.
Sunday morning Lauren and I went to church with Moriah and her girls. The girls had fun and Lauren even got up to sing with them.
.
Sunday afternoon was a birthday party Hailey and I went to for a little boy she knows. They had Jungle Jill come with exotic animals. At the end they were taking pictures with a Boa Constructor and all the boys were scared so I asked Hailey to help out the boys and hold it's tail for them since they were scared. So the picture is 6 year old boys and 4 year old Hailey, (the only one not scared)!
What a fun but busy weekend! I think it's the time of year :)

2 comments:

Jilene said...

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that dog wearing a vest. If it is that is funny.

I too enjoyed the Astronomy Event and was pleasantly surprised.

Angie said...

Susan, we saw YOU at the parade, even yelled and waved our arms like crazy people but we didn't see Lauren. She must have been more on the west side or something. The dog is cute
I did get to see Lauren at school today during recess :)